Beat the summer heat with these dog friendly ice cream treats! Your pup is guaranteed to love them!
1. Peanut Butter & Banana Ice Cream
- 3-4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 32 ounces plain yogurt, low-fat
- 1 cup peanut butter, organic
- Add bananas, peanut butter, and yogurt to a blender.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into ice cube tray and freeze.
2. Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup organic peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in blender then pour into ice cube trays.
- Freeze and serve frozen.
3. Oatmeal & Cinnamon Dog Ice Cream
- 1 small , ripe banana
- ¾ cup (6oz/ 180g) cooked oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (10oz/280g) natural plain yogurt ( low fat, non fat)
- Mash the banana well with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in the cooked oatmeal and cinnamon. The oats have to be cooked for the dog to digest them.
- Stir in the yogurt and mix all ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into freezer safe air-tight containers and then freeze for a minimum of 4 hours but preferably overnight.
All these recipes are safe for your dog's belly but having some probiotics on hand are never a bad idea. Keep your dog's gut in line with our Tummy Health Chews
Thanks for reading