Dogs are just like us and can suffer from illnesses like arthritis and joint dysplasia. 1 in 5 dogs experience joint problems in their lives – and the likelihood of them developing an illness only grows the older they get.
We all want to protect our furry friends from pain and illness, so here are 5 foods to give your pup to reduce joint pain:
1. Glucosamine: Glucosamine is a natural compound found in cartilage. As dogs age, the natural production of glucosamine in their body slows. This causes joint pain and stiffness, and can lead to osteoarthritis. Glucosamine is often harvested from shells of shellfish and turned into supplements. When regularly used, it can help to enhance cartilage repair and growth. This reduces pain and swelling in the joints. It helps restore your dogs joints to increase mobility and improves the lubrication of the joints.
2. Chondroitin: Glucosamine is often combined with other natural substances found in cartilage, such as chondroitin which is a natural substance found in your dog's cartilage that enhance its shock-absorbing properties and block enzymes that break down cartilage. It helps improve joint flexibility and reduce pain and inflammation.
3. MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane: is a natural sulphur compound. It is a naturally occurring compound in foods such as fresh vegetables, meat, and dairy products.It has many healing properties such as alleviating arthritis symptoms by reducing pain and stiffness, speed recovery after exercise by reducing muscle damage and stress, decreasing joint pain, and reducing inflammation.
4. Dried Yucca Schidigera Extract: which is used to help symptoms such as osteoarthritis, inflammation, and poor circulation, and Ascorbic Acid found in bones, carteliege, tendons, ligaments, and skin, which aids in the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
5. Organic Turmeric Root Powder: Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric and it has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. This can ease the pain from arthritis and joint swelling.
Getting all these supplements into your dog’s diet can be difficult so we simplified the process, took out the guesswork and made a chew that has all these amazing ingredients. Your dogs golden years should be filled with tons of cuddling, playing, and great memories that do not include joint pain. That is why we made our Joint Strength Chew which contains Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin Sulphate, Organic Turmeric Root Powder, and Dried Yucca Schidigera Extract. It strengthens your dog’s joints so they can get back to living their best life without joint pain!