As every pet owner knows, our four-legged friends bring so much joy to our lives. Their soft fur, adorable tails, and cute wet noses. We can all relate to the wonderful feeling of having our canine best friend jump up onto our beds in the morning to let you know it is time to eat, but it is not all rainbows and butterflies. Picture it...you are all snug in bed and bam…the not so glorious smell of dog breath hits you. It is never pleasant but it is reality. Unfortunately, unlike humans, well..most humans anyway…dogs are not aware of their dental hygiene. It is our responsibility as pet owners to make sure our furry friends’ teeth are in tip top shape.
Cleaning your dog’s teeth is not only important for your own nose, but for their health. Tartar build-up can cause gum issues, gingivitis, periodontal disease, pain, bleeding, and in worst cases the overall loss of teeth. You should be cleaning your dog’s teeth at least once a week. Let’s face it, brushing a dog’s teeth is not the easiest task.
Here are some helpful tips to make the process a bit less stressful:
5 Steps to Successfully Brushing Your Dog's Teeth:
1. Allow your pet some time to get used to you touching her mouth. Try lifting her lips to expose her teeth.
2. Always use dog toothpaste and never human toothpaste, as it could contain ingredients that are dangerous for dog’s. Many pet toothpastes have flavors that dogs love. Introduce the toothpaste by allowing your pet to lick it off your finger like a treat.
3. Use a toothbrush that is designed for dogs
4. Make sure you reach the back molars on the top and bottom and lift your dog’s lips to clean the front of their teeth.
5. Keep it consistent! Don’t get into the habit of letting missed days turn into missing months or even weeks without brushing.
Your dog will most likely not enjoy having his teeth brushed, so use a treat or some play time as a reward to allow a positive association to be formed. If you see anything suspicious make sure to visit the vet as your dog may need professional cleaning.
5 Easy Steps to Cleaning Your Dog's Teeth (No Brushing Required)
1. Rinse your dog's water bowl
2. Fill the bowl with water
3. Add a capsize of our Water Addictive
4. Serve to your Dog Daily
5. Experience noticeable results in 14 days
All of our ingredients are thoroughly researched and planet-friendly, plus we ship right to your door. Ingredients such as Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate, can remove stains and debris leaving teeth whiter. In addition, aloe leaf extract contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which prevents cavities, and is rich in antioxidants which relieves inflammation due to gum disease. The wash fights plaque and tartar buildup, while promoting whiter teeth and preventing bad breath. Check out our Dental Wash and say goodbye to stinky pet breath once and for all!